19 Ways to Rock a Cardigan
The cardigan sweater is a classic and necessary wardrobe staple, especially now that we are into the chilly fall weather. It is professional or casual or dressy and always functional. The cardigan as most know it have buttons or perhaps a even a zipper. Today’s cardigan sweater has changed up its swag with cool patterns varying lengths and asymmetrical open fronts with no closures.I enjoy a good old fashioned button up cardigan sweater but I also love some of its contemporary incarnations. I have compiled some of the best style examples of how to rock a cardigan like a boss. To shop the looks. Click on the pics. Enjoy!
1) Button Down checked Cardigan with shorts, tights and platform ankle boots. I really love the details and colors all put together. The gray is cool while the green adds a pop of color. The tights make this outfit suitable for work or school.
2) 3/4 Length cardigan with large horizontal stripes, ankle length sweater dress.
3) Cropped Cardigan with Fitted Pants. So cool and sexy. Work appropriate or weekend appropriate. I would wear this on a drive to my boyfriend’s parent’s house on the weekend. It has an edgy yet somehow still conservative feel too it.
4) Jewel embellished crew neck cardigan with pencil skirt. Party time!
6) Colorful Print V-Neck Cardigan with Candy Color Mini Skirt and Thigh High Socks & Oxfords. This look is like a modernized school girl look and is really playful.
7) Oversized Cardigan with Black Maxi Dress & Booties is super cute and a little sexy. Great for the casual work place, weekends or a cool travel look.
8)Long Wool Cardigan, Leggings, Button down with cutout ankle booties is a really cool casual look for weekends and downtime.
9)Bohemian Fringed cardigan with Silk Tunic Top and Leather Mini is great for drinks with the girls or date nite
10) Zippered Blue Embellished Cardigan with Slacks is great look for work, networking, professional events or daytime social gatherings.
11) White Lace Print Cardigan Paired with Black Tulle Cocktail Dress…another great party look. try this look with heels, a tall boot or even combat boots for a punk edge.
12) Belted Cardigan with Sheath Dress and Vintage hat
13) Grey Cardigan with Black Dress…Such a classic look. Changing the accessories like the purse, shoes and jewelry will dress this combination up or down as the location and occasion call for.
14)Cardigan, Turtle Neck, Flared Skirt & Platform Boots – Turn heads with this contermporary layered look. The socks and tights are optional and give the look a more school girl feel but for cold weather you can modify with leg warmers.
15) Knee length Cardigan with Skinny Jeans and A button Down
16) Cardigan and Sweat pants….So cute, cool and effortless…Anyone can pull this look off for casual jaunts about town. Try creating this look with neutral colors and earth tomes for a more mature look.
17) Art Deco Coat Length Cardigan with Asymmetrical Front, Distressed Denim, Tee and Statement Floppy hat
18) Bold Colorblock Patterned Cardigan with Leather Leggings & Tee
19) Preppy Cardigan with Tuxedo Front Collared Blouse and Slacks